Google Tez is a recently launched mobile payments service launched by search engine giant Google, mainly targeting users from India. It operates atop the Unified Payments Interface, developed by the National Payments Corporation of India. It can be used where UPI payments are accepted. Tez works on the vast majority of India’s smartphones (with apps for both Android and iOS) with the Android app. Tez works with all banks in India that support UPI.
Google Tez currently supports english, hindi, bengali, gujarati, kannada, marathi, tamil, and telugu with many more languages to be coming soon. Plans are also to release the Tez app in other emerging countries including Vietnam, Indonesia, and Thailand.Tez is the Hindi word which means Fast. Within 77 days after being launched, Tez is able to get 10 million downloads as on 6th December,2017.
Google Tez app acceptance areas
Tez is currently accepted by PVR Cinemas across India, RedBus, Food Chain giant Mc Donald’s and is expected to be joined by a number of other businesses like DishTV, Jet Airways and Domino’s in coming days. Google is also working with existing advertisers and online e-commerce platforms like Shopify and payment aggregators like Billdesk and PayU. Google also plans to add even more ways to pay on Tez (e.g. credit cards and wallets). Users will already find this App preinstalled on selected phones brands like in Lava, Micromax, Nokia Mobile, and Panasonic. The service is compatible with vast majority of the Android and iOS devices. The application does not require users to share any personal information such as mobile numbers or usernames like other payment applications, instead uses Audio QR codes that rely on sound transmitted at a frequency inaudible to the human ear from the payee handset to the merchant handset. This technology does away with the need for NFC chips on the handsets and holds an additional advantage because a significant number of smartphones in India and other developing markets do not have NFC chips embedded.
Specifications & Features of Google Tez app
- Transfer directly to your bank account. Simply link your account to Tez over UPI and instantly transfer money from bank to bank.
- Know your money is secure. With Google’s multi layered security and 24/7 protection by Tez Shield, you can make payments and transfer amounts both big and small, with confidence.
- With Tez’s Cash Mode, you can instantly send or receive payments to anyone nearby without sharing personal details like your phone number or bank account.
- You can pay or receive money from anyone who has the Tez app or any other UPI app. Starting a payment is as simple as starting a new conversation with someone in your Tez contacts or by entering their UPI ID or bank details
- Use Cash Mode to securely send money to people nearby without sharing private details like your phone number
- Tez works with your existing bank account*, which means your money is safe with your bank. There’s no need to open a separate account or worry about reloading wallets.
- Your money is secure with Tez Shield working 24/7 to help detect fraud, prevent hacking, and verify your identity. Each transaction is secured with your UPI PIN and the app is secured with a Google PIN or fingerprint.
- Get Tez Scratch Cards (TM) in the app and be eligible to win up to 1,000 with each eligible transa Plus, your weekly transactions** enroll you in Tez’s Lucky Fridays contest where you could win 1 lakh every week.
****For full Tez Offers Terms and Conditions visit app.
Upcoming Features on Google Tez app
– Pay through debit and credit cards on Tez.
– Pay and set reminders for recurring bills such as DTH.