If you looking for good Public sector bank to open saving bank account then Indian Bank is probably a good option. Indian Bank is a public sector Bank of India. On April 2019, Allahabad Bank was merged with Indian Bank. Now Indian Bank and Allahabad Bank are working as single entity with name Indian Bank. All Allahabad bank are now operating as Indian Bank. In this, article we will define the steps to fill Indian Bank account opening form. There are basically two modes to apply for bank account in Indian Bank. First method is that you can apply online from the official website of Indian Bank. The second method involves filling Indian Bank account opening form and submitting at the same branch. If someone isn’t well versed in applying online then the offline mode is highly recommended to apply for Indian Bank account opening. To apply for new Indian Bank account opening, the customer needs to first download the form from website or the same can be collected from the branch. Now the customer needs to fill the form and late submit the form at the branch. Let’s learn how to fill the entries in Indian Bank account opening form. Download Indian Bank account opening form
Download Miscellaneous Forms of Indian bank
How to fill Indian Bank Account opening form for individuals
INDIAN BANK Debit Card Block Number for customers
INDIAN BANK Balance Enquiry Number ( Missed Call Service )
INDIAN BANK Customer Care Number & Address- 24/7 Toll Free
INDIAN BANK Complaint Number – Full List
Linking of Aadhar number to Bank account of Indian Bank
What is Form 60 and how to fill form 60 of Indian Bank
How to fill up NEFT and RTGS form/slip of Indian Bank
Date: You need to write the date when you are submitting the form
- Type of account: The account holder needs to choose the type of account he prefers to open at the bank. Account type option are saving bank, current account, fixed deposit, BSDA and other.
- Mode of Operation: The Bank customers needs to select whether the account will be operated individually ( self ) or jointly. The customer can make a clear choice. In this column, you can opt for Joint Account.
- Service Required: In this column the applicant needs to opt for the service and banking instruments he wants from bank. Applicant should select ATM CUM DEBIT Card and beside it write the exact name that he wants to be printed in the ATM card. Same applied for other joint account holder. Then the applicant needs to select Cheque book, Internet banking, SMS Alerts, Phone Baking, Mobile Banking, Passbook, etc.
- FIXED Deposit: If the applicant is interested in Fixed deposit account along with applying for bank account then the applicant can opt for this service. One can choose any type of fixed deposit scheme. Thereafter, the amount and period of investment needs to be mentioned. In case of term deposit the customer can choose as to how the interest should be payable to him like in monthly, half yearly or quarterly. The customer also needs to mention the maturity instructions like whether he want to renew the principle amount and payback interest, or wants to auto renew principle amount and interest or wants to get paid the principal amount with interest accumulated or to auto renew only a part amount. In case the customer wants to receive the amount at the maturity then in that case, he must mention the account number. There is option of Bank draft or cheque.
- Multi Deposit Deposit scheme/ Auto sweep: There is a facility called “Auto sweep” where, if the balance of an account holder crosses a predetermined amount being set by account holder, the surpassing amount automatically gets converted into fixed deposit account. Fixed deposit interest rates are payable on the surpassing account. If the customer will for this service he can select the option and mention the duration of the term deposit. The customer needs to mention the bank account number and needs to select the mode of breaking of Mutli- deposit account between FIFO or LIFO.
- Recurring Deposit and Flexi Deposit: If applicant is willing to open a recurring deposit, then recurring deposit account can be opted here. The applicant needs to mention the monthly installment, followed by mentioning period of deposit. The customer also needs to mention the bank account number for auto debit transfer in recurring deposit. If the customer has opted for Term deposit then the customer needs to mention the bank account number for TDS deduction by Bank.
- Nomination: Nomination facility allows account holder to nominate any family member of his family as nominee to his account, so that at event of his death, the nominee can receive all the funds pending in the account. Necessary details like Nominee name, address, age, mobile number, relationship with depositor needs to be mentioned in this column. In case of choosing minor as nominee, the account holder needs to appoint a guardian from his family who shall represent the minor nominee. Thus details like name of guardian and address needs to be mentioned. The applicant needs to sign in the assigned column. If the applicant opt for thumb impression then in that case it must be attested by two witnesses who details like name, address and signature need to be mentioned.
- DECLARATION CUM UNDERTAKING CUM SELF CERTIFICATION: In this column, the account holder needs to abide by the terms and condition of Indian Bank pertaining to account opening. If the applicant has chosen minor as nominee as in column 7 then the guardian representing the minor nominee should write the relationship type he has with the minor nominee. If the guardian is court appointed then the order date copy need to be attested in the form. At last the applicant needs to finally sign at the assigned column and also mention the date and place.
- For Office Use: Leave these column blank.
Documents required: Along with this form, the customer needs to submit one zerox copies of document supporting identity and address of the applicant and joint account holder (if any). Some of the Documents accepted are PAN Card, Aadhar card, Voter ID, Ration Card, Birth Certificate, Driving License, Passport, Job ID, Electricity Bill, etc.
Now the customer simply needs to submit the filled form along with the documents. The Customer will be alloted the account number in a week. Successively, the customer will receive banking instruments within a week on the address mentioned on the address proof document submitted to the bank.
Video Tutorial In Hindi: