Bank has devised numerous modes by which their bank customers can withdraw funds from their account. Some of the most adopted modes of funds withdrawal are, ATM withdrawal, filling a withdrawal slip for money withdraw, withdrawal by presenting demand draft of a said amount, withdrawal by self cheque. Most of us are unware that cheque can also be used to withdraw funds from self account by drawing self cheque. If a cheque is drawn by the drawer on his own account it is called “Self cheque”. We all are well aware that cheque is a medium through which we can make payment to someone. When it comes to drawing a self cheque, cheque gets generally gets confused as to what to write in Payee column in cheque. Thus, in this article we will learn how to withdraw money from own account by drawing self cheque.
How to fill cheque for self withdrawal
Before filling up a self cheque you must abide by the term and condition of it. Such conditions includes, one should have sufficient balance in his/her account that could meet the cheque amount. There should be no overwriting or spelling mistake on the cheque. The drawer should only put his specimen signature in signature column. Failing to abide by these terms & condition would lead to dishonour of cheque or cheque bounce.
Here is the detail narration of each column explaining as to how to withdraw money from one’s account.
1. Date: Write the date when you are drawing the cheque
2. Payee: This is the only column where most people tend to create mistake specially in making withdrawal from own account. In actual, to withdrawal money from own account one need to write ‘Self’ in payee column, that’s it, you are done !!.
3. Amount in figure: Just write the amount in figure that you wish to withdraw money from your account.
4. Amount in words: Write the amount in words, that you wish to withdraw money from you account. Don’t forget to write the word only after the amount.
5. Signature: The drawer of the customer who wish to withdraw money from his/her account needs to put his specimen signature, the signature submitted at the bank during account opening.
Video Tutorial in Hindi
Thanks for Reading this article, hope this article certainly helped you…………………